Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction
Are you currently a P-12 educator interested in broadening your professional knowledge? Or are you looking to begin your career as a teacher? Concordia's 3 Curriculum and Instruction program tracks will set you up to enhance your teaching skills and expand the contributions you make to the world of education.
Whether you aspire to develop and refine your expertise, become a master teacher, or take on a leadership position, our Master's in Curriculum and Instruction program helps you move into the next phase of your career. You will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to increase your effectiveness in today’s classroom and to address the academic needs of students in the 21st century.
Master's in Curriculum & Instruction Program Tracks
If you are already working in education and want to refine your expertise and become a master teacher, the MSCI program is for you.
You will expand your teaching skills with tactical expertise and holistic education while being ethically grounded.
If you currently have your Michigan teacher's certification, consider adding an ESL endorsement into your repertoire. Our 30-credit program will allow you to earn your ESL endorsement and a master's degree, and it's designed for those passionate about providing students with limited English proficiency access to the quality education and robust opportunities they deserve.
If you are looking to make a transition into the world of education and you do not currently hold a Michigan teaching certificate but you do have a bachelor's degree, you can earn both your Michigan teaching certificate and your master's degree through our program.
This 30-credit program can be completed fully online in 2 years through 8-week and 10-week segments.
Customize your teaching license with your choice between elementary or secondary education. Hyper-focus your certification with the grade band of your choice: lower (PreK - 3rd Grade) or upper Elementary (grades 3-6) or middle (grades 5-9) or upper secondary (grades 7-12).
Learn more about our Michigan Teacher Certification here.
Find the information you need
We're here to help you discover your future
- Highly qualified and caring educational practitioners with years of first-hand knowledge and experience in southeastern Michigan
- Personalized support you need from a small 15:1 class-size
- Local and approachable faculty
- Courses are offered in an 8-week format
- Option to earn your master's and teaching certification
- 100% online - easy start/stop format
- Opportunities to explore different evaluation techniques and use them to analyze curriculum, educational resources, and instructional strategies
- Relevant topics of study like instructional design and student learning assessment & evaluation
- Three program tracks offered
Cost per credit$646
Accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
Being a part of the Curriculum and Instruction master's program led me to gain the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary to be a more effective educator and instructional leader. This program provided me with continuous job-embedded learning.
Frequently asked questions
We’re excited to offer Uncommon Scholarships exclusively for adult and post-traditional learners.
Ranging from $150-$500 per three-credit course, these scholarships are available to:
- Employees of our corporate and academic partners
- Concordia alumni
- Current students of Concordia University-Portland
- Transfer students from Holy Family College
- Veterans and their dependents
- Employees of qualifying Christian schools and churches
If you're interested in seeing if you qualify for this scholarship, fill out the form to connect with our Inquiry Management Team.
Yes! Concordia University’s Master of Science in Curriculum & Instruction is perfect for the working teacher. You’ll learn from top practitioners and leaders in the field, and you’ll be able to apply what you’re learning to your day-to-day work. This program is extremely flexible. You can start it at any time, and our courses are only eight weeks long.