Master's in Student Personnel Administration in Higher Education (SPAHE)
Concordia University Ann Arbor's Student Personnel Administration in Higher Education program prepares those pursuing a career of service in higher education to bring a faith-based approach to their positions as administrators. This program applies to a wide variety of roles, including but not limited to assistant deans, deans in admission, residence life, student activities, academic advising, diversity, athletics, and campus ministry.
Find the information you need
We're here to help you discover your future
Relevant education for a remarkable campus culture
Prepare yourself to create a world-class campus environment in this transformative and relevant program. Learn from real student affairs professionals who bring with them a treasury of personal experience and inspirational insight. More than that, enroll in a program that provides timely education that helps you navigate and impact campus culture in an often rewarding, turbulent, modern day environment.
- Courses are designed for working professionals, with classes held year-round and only one night per week.
- Class material is a blend of educational theory and a practical application to student affairs and athletics.
- Material learned is easily applied to current or future work in higher education.
- Field experience is integrated through internships and course assignments.
- Complete a traditional thesis or a capstone project and a portfolio.
- Students are admitted yearly in the fall and completion time is about two years.
- Current students and graduates of the SPAHE program have careers in various areas of higher education such as: academic advising, admissions, student life, residence life, financial aid, campus activities, international education, and athletics.
Cost per credit$669
$1000s in scholarships
available to adult and
Frequently asked questions
We’re excited to offer Uncommon Scholarships exclusively for adult and post-traditional learners.
Ranging from $150-$500 per three-credit course, these scholarships are available to:
- Employees of our corporate and academic partners
- Concordia alumni
- Current students of Concordia University-Portland
- Transfer students from Holy Family College
- Veterans and their dependents
- Employees of qualifying Christian schools and churches
If you're interested in seeing if you qualify for this scholarship, fill out the form to connect with our Inquiry Management Team.
Yes! Concordia University’s Master of Science in Student Personnel Administration in Higher Education courses are designed for working professionals, with classes held year-round and only one night per week.